- The person will take part in designing, implementing and testing mechanical and optical hardware assemblies. The equipment includes mechanical, optical, and pneumatic components.
- The person's primary task is to design light control components for the laser-based glass-processing machinery.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics/Photonics, Mechanical or Automation Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical design and optical systems design
- Good knowledge of mechanical components manufacturing
- Exposure to materials processing technologies is a plus
- Exposure to laser and especially IFOV systems is a plus
- Strong SolidWorks skills
- Analyze complex mechatronic systems in industrial/materials processing applications
- Collaborate with the team on specification of components of mechatronic and optical systems
- Develop mechanical design of optical components based on specifications
- Support and provide acceptance of outsourced manufacturing operations
- Validate performance of components against specifications
- Participate in assembly and testing of systems.
English verbal and written communication skills are required.
The position is full-time, office-based in Joensuu, Finland.
We respect a result-oriented self-driven way of working and hands-on attitude.
We value independence, craftsmanship, problem-solving and innovation. We value willingness to learn.
We process applications upon their arrival.
For additional information and job applications contact Erik Raita, erik.raita at hypermemo.eu, +358 40 593 8142.