INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The position overview:
The industrial automation systems engineer will play a key role in the development of GLAZER laser glass-processing industrial-grade equipment. The candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of hardware and PLC software.
We are looking for a professional with a broad knowledge of industrial automation field and the full development stack.
The position is full-time, office-based in Joensuu, Finland.
- Conceptual design of 3-axis precision linear positioning systems for laser materials processing applications;
- System-level design of 3-axis precision linear positioning systems, assembly, programming and testing in collaboration with the team. Oversee building and installation;
- Design of pneumatic systems;
- Design of electrical systems for automation machinery;
- Sourcing of relevant hardware components;
- G-code post processor development for CAM software;
- Produce and design an implementation that is secure, reliable, robust, maintainable, and efficient;
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Industrial Automation or related technical field;
- Min. 5 years experience in manufacturing automation systems engineering and conceptual design, especially high-speed linear stages and PLCs;
- Strong knowledge of control engineering;
- Knowledge of G-code and CLData, applicable to the development of G-code post processors for CAM systems;
- PCB design and MC programming skills are desirable;
- SolidWorks working skills are desirable;
- Experience with industrial lasers and materials processing is a plus;
- English verbal and written communication skills are critical.
We respect a result-oriented self-driven way of working and hands-on attitude.
For additional information and job applications contact Petri Räsänen, petri.rasanen at hypermemo.eu, +358 40 4823099.