INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER. CODE 21511
The position overview:
The industrial automation systems engineer will play a key role in the development of GLAZER laser glass-processing industrial-grade equipment. The candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of hardware and PLC software.
We are looking for a professional with a broad knowledge of industrial automation field and the full development stack.
The position is full-time, office-based in Joensuu, Finland.
- Conceptual design of 3-axis precision linear positioning systems for laser materials processing applications
- System-level design of 3-axis precision linear positioning systems, assembly, programming and testing in collaboration with the team. Oversee building and installation.
- Design of pneumatic systems
- Design of electrical systems for automatic machinery.
- Sourcing of relevant hardware components
- G-code post processor development for CAM software
- Produce and design an implementation that is secure, reliable, robust, maintainable, and efficient
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Industrial automation or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing automation systems engineering and conceptual design, especially high-speed linear stages and PLCs
- Knowledge of control engineering
- Experience with HIWIN equipment is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of G-code and CLData, applicable to the development of G-code post processors for CAM systems.
- PCB design and MC programming skills are desirable
- SolidWorks working skills are desirable
- Experience with industrial lasers and materials processing is a plus
- English verbal and written communication skills are critical.